Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I am Having Major computer Problems

• Please log in to reply

channing28105

channing28105

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having a major problem with my desktop computer Yesterday My desktop computer crashed I had the Blue screen of Death saying that the physical memory dumped and now when I turn on the computer it makes a Beeping noise and nothing comes on the screen . I feel Upset because my desktop was my favorite computer and because I have no job I have no money to buy a new computer I have no money to take the computer to a computer repair shop . I would like a good Used working desktop Computer that works with all the installation Cds that came with it all I need is the tower part I have the monitor. Please message me if you can help because before my desktop crashed my desktop was my favorite computer and it would mean a lot to me to have a good used working desktop computer. I have tried frececycle and freecycle is no good because you have to drive to pick up the item you want and I do not drive at all.

Channing

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Hello Channing

You have previously started two topics where you have been offered assistance and yet you have not responded to either reply so can you please do so as a courtesy to those who have offered their time and knowledge free of charge, thank you for understanding http://www.geekstogo...33#entry2281633
http://www.geekstogo...94#entry2305494

We may be able to help you repair your present computer but to do so we will need some information about it;

Please provide the following information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Can you also tell us how many beeps you heard and were they long or short beeps.

channing28105

channing28105

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a Dell computer series Dimension 3000 the beeps have been long beeps and when I turn on the machine there is no screen no no home page nothing at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
How many beeps?
What color is the power button LED and is it permanently lit or blinking?

Your computer has four diagnostic lights on the back of the case (ABCD) which help with troubleshooting, A is to the left and D furthest to the right, they are not numbered this is just how they are identified, what sequence of LEDs is lit up.

Removing the Ram, blowing out the slots and reseating the Ram securely often helps, to help you do this safely http://www.crucial.c...stall/dimm.aspx

channing28105

channing28105

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
There is 7 beeps . there is no led light at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
7 beeps = "a fatal exception error" there are many things that can cause this including bad memory so try what I suggested earlier in removing the Ram and blowing out the slots then reseat the Ram securely.

No LED being lit points towards a possible power failure can you confirm that the LED normally lights up.

What are the diagnostic LEDS on the back of the case showing.