Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System 32 Error

• Please log in to reply

mochablkberry

mochablkberry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron M5030 series Laptop.. I tried to wipe the system clean with the installation Cd and I got a System 32 error.

I also tried to use System Restore and that doesn't work, I have also tried F8 option and that doesn't work either. The laptop came with Windows 7 Starter and I tried to upgrade to Windows Home Premium, it seemed to have upgraded but it didn't clean the system. It seems the SP1 Service Pack was giving some kind of problem while the Premium was installing.

I would like help in fixing the problem, I also tried Safe Mode, that didn't work.. The main problem is it can boot but not to the point of a clean reinstall.

Looking forward for some answers.

Thanks Mocha.

Edited by mochablkberry, 28 June 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You need to boot the DVD, not run it from a booted Windows 7 system. That's the only way you can doa Clean Install with format.