Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wont boot properly

• Please log in to reply

dcclark2222

dcclark2222

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When i turn my acer on it goes to a black screen that has abunch of words then a black screen with a loading bar comes and says windows is loading files Then it goes to a black sceen where a status. Bar appears with window below it then it goes back to a black screen for about three mins then goes to the blue logon screen with the green leafs and the white bird now @ this point i have full access to move the mouse freely but there is no logon icons how do i get the icons to appear .

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
What happens if you press [Ctrl][Alt][Del]?

dcclark2222

dcclark2222

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's does nothing I tried it @ boot up & @ the blue screen still nothing

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Will it boot up in Safe mode?

(Turn the computer off and wait a minute or two. Turn the computer on, press and hold the [F8] key as your computer restarts. You need to press [F8] before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to shut it down and try again. If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want, and then press F8. When the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select "Safe mode" and then press [Enter]).

dcclark2222

dcclark2222

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah that didn't work this is crazy ne thing else and by the way thanks

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
A Startup Repair would be next.