Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to write a DVD+R (Driver error?)

• Please log in to reply

beerzy

beerzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys

I'm having a problem burning movies to a dvd+r, I'm not even sure if I am able to (because once I insert the CD I think that it's not being recognized, cause when I insert a CD-R it pop up's a windows bar to select with what app I would like to explore the content, anyway I've been looking from some resolutions in the microsoft help page, but they obviously suck and after 1 hour I decided to give up and just go to a forum.
Going to post a print of the problem, any more info you need please ask!~

The Cd I'm burning into to is a DVD+R 4xRW 4.7GB

Would appreciate if you guys could help me, thanks.

-B

Attached Thumbnails

• errot.JPG
  • drivers.JPG

Edited by beerzy, 30 June 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
It looks to me like you have a DVDRAM optical drive which can't recognise normal DVD - + R/RW

These should be ok for you but they are rather expensive.

http://www.amazon.co...ordable dvd ram

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

Some questions:
- Is it the first time you try to burn DVD's from the Brand and type you have now?
- Can you try burning using a different Brand and type of DVD?
- Do you have enough free space on the C: drive? (Windows requires at least 15% free space to work properly!)

beerzy

beerzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for both of your answers!

My C: space is not a problem, it is in fact the first time I burn into a dvd+r, but I've previously burned into cd's with no problem.
The dvd I have it's kinda of damaged (some small scratches so that might be a problem) but to play safe I'll probably buy those dvd+r you recomended wolfey.
I took a print with the neroinfo function and it seems all fine, once again thank you for your help ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• NEROINFO.JPG

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Thank you for both of your answers!

My C: space is not a problem, it is in fact the first time I burn into a dvd+r, but I've previously burned into cd's with no problem.
The dvd I have it's kinda of damaged (some small scratches so that might be a problem) but to play safe I'll probably buy those dvd+r you recomended wolfey.
I took a print with the neroinfo function and it seems all fine, once again thank you for your help ;)

If your C: drive have plenty of free space why you have the folders with compression enabled (in blue)?
Sometimes Windows start's compressing files and folders when there isn't enough free space and this can have impact on the system speed...

You should try with a different brand of DVD+R or DVD-R sometimes the burning drives can be picky and don't like some disks. Wolfey suggest the use of DVD-RAM but you can use the usual DVD +/-R because you drive support both like Nero shows.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hope that you don`t mind the interjection folks;

Can you do the following for us please beerzy

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On the left side click on Disk Management
On the right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take a full screenshot and attach it to your next reply.

When you have a suitable disk that is undamaged if still no joy try a different burning software and use the X2 burning speed http://www.imgburn.com/

The Cd I'm burning into to is a DVD+R 4xRW 4.7GB

Not intending to be pedantic here but for clarity CD and DVD disks are completely different so it is important to use the correct terminology when describing the disk that you are using as in;

The DVD (or disk) I'm burning into to is a DVD+R 4xRW 4.7GB

This will avoid a less experienced user who reads the topic possibly trying to burn their wedding video to a CD disk :whistling: