Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Partitioning

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I want add a partition to my HD, but I do not want to format and reinstall, is there any cheap or free apps to help me do this. If i can't find any free ones, would partition magic 8.0 be a good choice? I have downloaded a small partition program, but i'm afraid to use it cuz i think some guys just made it at home, it sounds like it works, but it's kinda scary to think i could f**k up my whold disk. Any ideas or suggestions??

-=jonnyrotten=- <_< :D

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
I wouldn't trust it to a free program. Even Partition Magic can be flaky at times. Partitioning a disk without losing data is tricky business. It's best to have a UPS backup power supply attached in case of power loss. I've done quite a few with PM, and I did have problems once, but was able to recover.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I got partition magic 8.0 now, everything works great!!!

-=jonnyrotten=- <_< :D