Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1100€ (~1450$) First Time Gaming PC. Good to go?

• Please log in to reply

LagunaLoire

LagunaLoire

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all,

I finally am going to build my own PC :D
After researching and reading forums I've come up with what I think is a decent build.
I would however like to get some acknowledgement and advice in case some things wouldn't be compatible, or if you would suggest a change in parts.

It is a gaming PC, with a budget of 1100€ with a buffer of 100€
I'd like to play games on very high settings (I play all different type of games)
This is for the PC only as I am ordering the VG248QE this week (144hz).

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate ready as well, so that doesn't have to be included in the budget.

I have chosen an SLI ready board which also supports Overclocking.
I went with the 3570k so I can overlock it in the future, as I don't think it is needed yet. If I would overclock it I will then as well buy a CPU cooler.
I think I should be fine without a CPU cooler if I'm not overclocking yet, right?
The case also provides quite some fans (and possibilities to add a few), which should keep the CPU cool.

I went for the GTX770 as I think it's best value. I will probably add another one for a nice SLI setup in a near future :)

This is what I've selected so far.
In case I would change things, I'd prefer to buy them on the same website, hardwareversand.de or otherwise dabs.ie.

Item|Price
LogiLink USB 2.0 all-in-one Card Reader, fόr 3,5" Einbauchschacht|€3.32
Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€202.32
Samsung SH-224BB bare schwarz|€17.18
WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 8,9cm(3,5")|€75.58
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 3X OC, 2GB DDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort|€369.67
8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9|€64.04
ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€121.79
Seasonic M12II-750, 750 Watt, 80PLUS Bronze|€99.99
NZXT Phantom Big Tower - White , ATX, ohne Netzteil|€133.59
Shipping|€18.99

Total|€1106.47

Let me know :)

Thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: LagunaLoire

Nice build and all compatible with one exception being that the case is not shown to have any USB 3.0 ports, if you can live with that then all is well :thumbsup:

Case with USB 3.0 ports http://www.caseking....d5234ce72069549

LagunaLoire

LagunaLoire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks and well noticed, guess I missed that :)

That is actually a good point. Would be a shame indeed to go for a new build with a case that has only 2.0

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
You are most welcome :thumbsup:

Any further questions feel free to give us a shout.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
+1 for the build.

I think I should be fine without a CPU cooler if I'm not overclocking yet, right?

I may be misinterpreting, the CPU comes with it's own stock cooler.
NB. Your selected RAM has very high heat fins and can interfere with installation of many after market coolers, possible alternative, low profile
> http://www.hardwarev...49DA2E808B.www2

You may save some money by using this site to select parts. Register, choose country at top right. You can configure for your preferredsuppler.
> http://pcpartpicker.com/

LagunaLoire

LagunaLoire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hehe, I indeed did not state it correctly, I meant that if I will be fine with the stock cpu cooler until I decide to overclock :)

Good point on the memory as well, thanks!

I'll check out that page as well, see what price it will get me :)