Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Secondary monitor is all blue tinted?

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
My secondary monitor I just hooked up (for dual monitoring) is an old LG 17-inch Flatron L1720P screen with a VGA port in the back. I used a DVI cable with a VGA adaptor at the end in order to hook it up along with my normal 24-inch Sceptre monitor (which is working just fine). For some reason, however, everything on the old LG screen has a very heavy blue tint to it. I tried fiddling around with the balancing inputs on the monitor itself, to no avail, along with the color management setting in Windows (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit Professional, in case anyone is wondering). Please help! Thanks.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Have you tried switching the DVI output on your monitors?

Have you tried using another cable for your old lg 17"?

Have you tried trying another dvi/vga adapter?

Have you tried only your old lg connected?

Have you tried your old lg on another computer?

Some PC need to have a setting in the BIOS to be enable if using integrated and add-on video card to do dual display

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
I previously (it's been less than a week) had been running dual display for years on this machine, except in place of the LG 17" I had hooked up a 50" TV. I'll try using a different DVI-to-VGA adaptor and I'll try using a different VGA cable, but I don't think I have another computer to hook it up to. I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Well luckily I found another VGA cable (aside from the one that originally came with the monitor) after a bunch of digging through the house. I used the VGA-to-DVI adapter I had on previously, and it seems to be working fine now. I guess the cable was just old. Thanks Alzeimer.

Edited by GhostLoad, 03 July 2013 - 02:23 AM.