Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window Outlook 2003 Problem

• Please log in to reply

Lorts

Lorts

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Geeks out there, i have encounter a difficult problem using Microsoft Outlook 2003, the performance are getting slow(Super Slow). my computer have no single virus detected w/ my norton antivirus2005, now what are the possible problems that microsoft outlook 2003 are slowing down?

Advertisements

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
How much memory does your system have?
Are you using Microsoft Word as your e-mail editor?
Check your Task Manager (Start -> Run -> taskmgr.exe; on the Processes tab, sort by Mem Usage and note the largest entries)

Outlook is using 50MB of my RAM and Word which is used as my email editor uses another 40MB, so this is a bit of a resource hog.

Lorts

Lorts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The memory of my computer are 256mb Ram, how to solve this problem? is it possible that the problem is the biggest amount of records and emails? but the my computer uses only, almost 30mb. this is a difficult problem for me, i dont know what to do!

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Do me a favor and run Task Manager (Start -> Run -> taskmgr.exe) and copy down the 10 largest (based on mem usage) processes that are running.

For example in my Task Manager:
IEXPLORE.EXE 60,044K
OUTLOOK.EXE 47,788K
WINWORD.EXE 34,500K

List your top 10 with the amount of memory being used. That will give me a better idea to work with to figure out what needs to be done to get your computer to respond faster.

Lorts

Lorts

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I Just Solve my Problem, thanks anyway!