Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Issue - Need help ASAP

• Please log in to reply

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello guys,

Newbie here and I'm not sure what to do. I was playing around with Monitor settings, so that I can connect my B75M-D3H's HDMI port to my tv's HDMI port. I'm originally using the VGA output for my monitor. As I was doing this, I think I accidentally pressed the wrong settings and now my monitor comes on for maybe 2-4 seconds and than turns black and gives me the "no signal" message and it turns back on after 3 seconds(windows desktop) and it just keeps looping.

I can view the BIOS no problem and for as long as I want. So it's definitely not a monitor issue, just a setting issue. What can I do to fix this?

I dont have enough time to right click, go into settings and change it with just 2-3 seconds each time and when I try pressing the icon, it doesn't load.

I'm using Windows 8 with a B75M-D3H Gigabyte MOBO.

What can I do? :(

In short, the computer boots up normally til the desktop screen than it turns black for 3 seconds with the error "no signal" than goes back to desktop than repeats itself.

Thanks!

Edited by ExcelPrem, 04 July 2013 - 03:06 AM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi ExcelPrem :welcome:

Can you boot Windows in Safe Mode?
See How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows 8

In Safe Mode uninstall the Graphic Card driver from Device Manager (press Posted Image + X)
restart normally, windows will reinstall the driver and should set the default settings.

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using a video card though. I'm just using the HD3000 on my i3.

I can get into windows normally BUT it keeps cutting in and out, so I can't do anything to get into Safe Mode. I tried holding shift and pressing F8 but it just stalls at the MOBO screen when I first boot up.

What else should I do to get into safe mode? :(

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using a video card though. I'm just using the HD3000 on my i3.

That is a graphic card the only difference is that the card is included on the motherboard itself.

I can get into windows normally BUT it keeps cutting in and out, so I can't do anything to get into Safe Mode. I tried holding shift and pressing F8 but it just stalls at the MOBO screen when I first boot up.

What else should I do to get into safe mode? :(

Depending on the machines Windows 8 can boot very fast, you have to try several times. It seems you pressed F8 to early and the key got accepted by the BIOS try a little bit latter.

Is your UEFI BIOS in text mode or graphical? Does the mouse work inside the UEFI BIOS?

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Graphical? Like how so?

I think it's all text since I didn't see any graphics in that screen and yes the mouse works in BIOS(Pressed "DEL" to get into setup screen) and mouse works.

When the PC boots, it shows a picture of the MOBO with 4 options underneath (DEL/F12 etc etc), Not sure if this is what you mean?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Graphical? Like how so?

From the manual for the motherboard you have the screens on the manual show a graphic interface...

When the PC boots, it shows a picture of the MOBO with 4 options underneath (DEL/F12 etc etc), Not sure if this is what you mean?

Let pass that point and immediately when windows is going to start try the SHIFT + F8 combination, i know it's not easy to catch the correct moment and you have to try several times.

Do you have a Windows 8 install DVD?

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Do I just press F8 or do I hold Shift + press F8 or Hold F8 and Shift at the same time? Or Keep tapping Shift + F8?

Also does all windows 8 + my B75M-D3H can get into safe mode by shift + F8?

I tried it 3x and the boot screen comes up(the graphic)and stalls for a few minutes until I let go of the Shift key and than it boots :/

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Do I just press F8 or do I hold Shift + press F8 or Hold F8 and Shift at the same time? Or Keep tapping Shift + F8?

Also does all windows 8 + my B75M-D3H can get into safe mode by shift + F8?

I tried it 3x and the boot screen comes up(the graphic)and stalls for a few minutes until I let go of the Shift key and than it boots :/

Supposedly this work in all Windows 8, we need to hold SHIFT and press F8 several times, but this is very hard I tried several times just now and I coudn't get into the boot menu also!

Do you have a Windows 8 install DVD?

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't have a Windows 8 disc :(

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

I don't have a Windows 8 disc :(

Ok, do you know if your windows is 32 or 64 bits?

Advertisements

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
32 I'm pretty sure

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

32 I'm pretty sure

Ok, can you download a ISO file (160MB) and burn it to a CD or use it to create a bootable flash drive?
Download Windows 8 Recovery disk - 32 bit let me know if you have a CD or a empty flashdrive so I can give you more specific instructions...

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Can I use a USB drive? Like a travel usb thumb drive(8GB)

ExcelPrem

ExcelPrem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
SleepyDude I wanna thank you for trying to help me and continuing to do so!

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Can I use a USB drive? Like a travel usb thumb drive(8GB)

Yes, But make sure you save all the files inside to some place because it needs to be formatted.
  • Download WinToBootic
  • extract the zip file WiNToBootic_v2.1.zip to some place and execute the program WiNToBootic
  • make sure you select the correct drive letter corresponding to your flashdrive
  • now you need to drag and drop the 32win8.iso you downloaded to the box on the right of WiNToBootic
  • check the box Quick format
  • press the Do it! button
Note: In case you have doubts about the procedure you can watch a video on this link.

Next boot the computer with the flashdrive, you will need to change the boot order on the UEFI BIOS or use the option Alternate Boot order or similar.
After boot you should have access to the System Recovery Options check this link to see how to access the Advanced Options where you can start System Restore see if you can restore the system to a date before the problem started.

Let me know the result.

Edit: Quote the wrong post...

Edited by SleepyDude, 04 July 2013 - 11:30 AM.