1) Did the Device Manager and Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery thing
2) Used a charger and battery from a friend that has the exact same model that has no charging issues
3) Decided to buy new battery and power cord both from Dell
4) Replaced the charging port that attaches to the motherboard
5) Replaced the motherboard itself
6) Went to Bios to enable auto learning option
7) Allowed battery to drain all the way down
8) Updated the BIOS
8) Cleaned computer and restored to original factory settings
Nothing changed after all of the above
I have decided that this laptop is at the point that is will need to stay plugged in and will just attach it to an external monitior and use as a desktop, or throw it in the river....
Not sure what else to try....