and welcome to GeeksToGo!
You can call me Phel
and today I will try to help you with your trouble.Please, read these instructions carefully, because they contain some very useful information.
Please, let me know, if you don't understand something. It is really important to understand any instruction. Also, please read all instructions carefully before performing them. Feel free to ask questions, if you aren't sure.
Please, be patient. You should stay here until your computer will become really clean. Malware Removal isn't very fast procedure, it usually has multiple steps, but result should be glad.
Please note, that my answers could come with a slight delay, because they are checked by my teacher.
Okay, first of all I need to ask you some questions.
I had a trojan infection Malwarebytes detected
Do you remember, what infection it was?
I found a thread instructing to use Combofix
Can you please remember, what thread it was? That would be very useful for us.
The list of files loaded come up then gets stuck when booting into safe mode
At which file does it get a stuck? Try to wait some time.
Please, follow these instructions. It's better to print them to know, what are you doing:
For this step you will need clean computer with access to the internet and flash drive.
Download the following three programmes to your desktop :
- Insert the USB stick Then run Rufus.
- Select the ISO file on the desktop via the ISO icon.
- Press Start Burn.
- Then copy FRST to the same USB.
- Insert the USB into the sick computer and start the computer. First ensuring that the system is set to boot from USB.
Note: If you are not sure how to do that follow the instructions Here
- When you reboot you will see this although yours will say Windows 7. Click Repair my computer.
- Select your operating system.
- Select Command prompt.
- At the command prompt type the following:
and press Enter.
- The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
- Select Computer and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
- In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
- The tool will start to run.
- When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.