Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I must be getting old....

• Please log in to reply

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
So my first laptop happens to be a Alienware M18x R2, and so far its awesome! So I decide to go out and grab a game to play, I decide on Farcry 3, I get it home open it up throw it in and...... what the heck is going on, it takes 1hr 10min before I can play the game, download all info off the 2 discs, (never said or started reboot, I figured that out on my own)get online download updates, play with no disc in the drive? etc... etc...

What happen to the days where you through a disc in and played a game?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
LOL

Thats because we don't use discs now days. it's all digital content either from Origin (EA) or Steam.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 4,649 posts
I'm catching on, but everything seem to be a little different. :whistling:

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Maybe because of the heavy graphic intensity and huge size, they might have done some heavy compression to contain it in couple of DVD's. So maybe it's the extraction consuming all the time.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • 4,649 posts

LolZzz

I have played it many times but doesn't get nay such issues.. Check your system first..

It was just the set up time when I first installed the game, it plays flawlessly.

very fun game too. :thumbsup:

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Lol, you're falling behind the times, buddy. Nowadays, there's a download time where the contents of the whole game is transferred to your computer. There are cloud saves, blah blah blah, and all that snazzy stuff. It's not hard to get the hang of but I think you'll like how games are handled nowadays.