Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Autoruns: Unchecking/deleting doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK post 12 you say you got autoruns to work. Can you now supply the txt file at the end of my instructions so I can see if there is more to get rid of please.

Advertisements

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
OK - hope this is helpful and thanks for being so.

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not much there but I'm going to post the second part just so we cover all the basis.

Open Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab, and UN-check:

+ "Adobe ARM"

When done restart computer and then:

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Thanks for that - probably take til tomorrow or so to complete as I must attend to other matters, so until later.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not a problem just update when you are done. :thumbsup:

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I've done the defragging and the TFC which cleared 627 MB of files.

So back to the usual, ongoing computer use. Thanks again for your attention.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How is the administrator issue going or did it get resolved?

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I don't think it was ever an issue - I never have to sign in and I have never had any issue in 10 years with being an administrator on any of my computers - I don't seem to have set up any to be one - is that unusual? Anyone can start and use my computers but no one has ever done so - if stolen then yes they are open but the contents will be very boring to most and if not then I think those kind of people will not steal them - insha'allah!

Anyhow the deleting and access denied glitch has helpfully just vanished.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. Please let us know if the problem returns and I am very happy to say Congratulations. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible