Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help using visual logic

• Please log in to reply

Kristi1980

Kristi1980

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am not even sure I am posting this in the right place. I am taking a course Intro to computer programming and logic I need some help with a lab assignment. I asked the instructor but I am still lost. We are to use visual logic to create a flowchart that shows the logic for a program that generates a random number then asks the user to think of a number between 1 and 10. Then display the randomly generated number so the user can see if his or her guess is right. Now when I asked for help this is what my instructor sent to me thank you so much for your time. I am not even sure where to begin

. As programmers, we must be careful to fully understand what the user's request is and not assume what is being requested.

In the case of Lab 2, we should not read in additional steps or actions:
Step 1. Generate a random number.
Step 2. Ask any user to "think" of a number between 1 and 10.
Step 3. Display the random number generated in Step 1 so the users can see if they guessed correctly.

Note that the user will not enter a number.
Also, note that to generate a random number between 1 and 10 in Visual Logic you will use random (10) + 1. (A one is added because the Visual Logic random number function would generate a number between zero and nine.)

Make sure to follow the best practices given in Chapter 2 for naming variables and using an appropriate user prompt and output identifying string with user-friendly formatting. You should use the Visual Logic “Console” option for the screen output. The first three lessons in the Visual Logic Instructions and Assignments will help here.

Advertisements