Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not enough storage is available to process this command

• Please log in to reply

jillhc

jillhc

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Windows 7 on a new HP Omni system 8Gb RAM, 1TB hdd. Installed Chaos Intellect 4 and copied the data from the old XP system. Initially all seemed fine, but a few days later error messages started appearing. This happens after working for for a while (or having the program running) I got 2 error dialog boxes together: 1st said "Not enough storage is available to process this command" and underneath that one "System Error. Code: 8 Not enough storage is available to process this command"
Clicking the OK button on these dialog boxes just produces 2 more exactly the same. After 15/20 attempts to close these boxes I went to the Task Manager to stop the program running. When I did that, the program closed on the screen but was still listed as running in the Task Manager. The program itself seems to hang just before the error messages appear.

At various times, other errors have appeared:
"Could not allocate memory for image"
"The recycle bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive"
"Out of memory. Resource OFCCD not found."

Occasionally there is a "Windows shutting down" dialog box but the thing shuts down so quickly it is not possible to read what it says.
I contacted Chaos Software twice. They initially gave me instructions for clearing the data cache and when I responded with a long list of my actions followed by the errors, they said it was a system fault and I should run Tune Up Utilities.

This is a new computer. Though I suspect it was running demo programs in the shop. I have run a complete virus scan - Eset security.

I showed the correspondence with Chaos to the computer shop - he said "do not run Tune Up Utilities - I will look into it" but a week has gone by and he hasn't got back to me.

I put a question on Microsoft Community and got an answer about adding IRPStackSize in the registry. Once I tried to do that I realised that the person who'd replied had just copied half an answer from somewhere else in order to sound like an expert but failed to give the location or the options for the value. After a great deal of digging I finally found a full explanation and realised that probably the value I had put in was incorrect (but not longer in front of the offending pc). So before I go back tomorrow to try something else .... do you have any suggestions for me?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Completely uninstall Chaos Intellect 4, including all the data you copied from XP.

Do a clean install of Chaos Intellect 4 and DO NOT copy anything over.

See if that fixes it.

Edit: I just did a Google search for Chaos Intellect 4 and now see it's a E-mail program of some kind. I thought it was a game.

The data you copied from XP was the old E-mail, etc? If so, instead of copying it, can you export it from XP then import into Windows 7?

jillhc

jillhc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I neglected to say I uninstalled Intellect and re-installed it before contacting them for assistance. I followed all their directions. Their final comment was it was not their program at fault.
In the meantime, the XP system has totally carked it (we knew it was dying). I can't even get the hdd to be recognised in an external usb case. So there is no opportunity to retrieve anything from the old system.
Game? Yes, it always pays to do a search first.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You have to admit Chaos Intellect 4 sure sounds like a game.

Do you have problems with any other software?
Have you looked in Event Viewer to see if anything shows up there that might help identify the cause?

I found the Microsoft article for IRPStackSize, it's here: Error message: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

The key to modify is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

jillhc

jillhc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Haven't used any other program for long enough to see if it is affected. Yes I found that location too, but unsure of the value to put in. Don't know anything about event viewer.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try 6, if it doesn't make any difference, try C (hexadecimal for 12).