Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mult-functional panel installation directions

• Please log in to reply

daddyhc

daddyhc

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I like this website. Good answers. I am building a AS Rock Z77 Extreme 4 Mobo with and Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge LGA 1155. Everything is going along well. I am using and older case which I like. Now comes the time to do something about the floppy disk panel. I shopped around and found a cool multi-functional panel (3.5 in, 4 USB 3.0 ports and lots of card readers. It is China made with no brand name or DIRECTIONS! Now I can figure out most of them but...There is a Blue USB connector coming out the back. The other two are to USB 2.0 ports and power. My mobo has one USB header that supports 2 USB headers (in addition to 4 3.0 USB ports in the back of the case) So do I have to buy some sort of an adapter for the header that makes a connector of the header to plug in the blue connector? This is my first build.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello daddyhc

Can you provide a couple of pictures showing what the two connections look like please.

daddyhc

daddyhc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This is the ASRock z77 diagram with the USB 3.0 header circled. Actual pictures do not show much.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.GIFASRock diagram.GIF 2.GIF

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
We need a picture of the blue connector that you refer to daddyhc :)

Types of USB connectors http://www.cablestog...ctor-guides/usb

daddyhc

daddyhc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It would be USB 3.0 type A with about 6 inches of cable. This looks like it leads to 4 outlets (3.0) There are also card readers for MS,M2,TF,XD,SD & CF. Fills up the floppy slot.