I had a power outage yesterday and my ~10 year old HP Pavillion 506n doesn't turn on anymore.
- When I press the power button, nothing happens.
- The power light at the back remain green (it doesn't flashes) so I assume it's not the PSU fault?
- I tried the HP support (http://h10025.www1.h...product=4005966) and no luck.
- The computer was in Sleep mode when the power went out.
- PC is plugged into an extension cord which I *think* has a surge protector* but i'm not sure
Is the motherboard fried? If so, would it be possible to just replace the motherboard with a new one and use the remaining parts? Every other component is in good condition and I'm on a tight budget.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by Kinetic418, 13 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.