Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hear audio in the background with random ads and narrative program. Wh

• Please log in to reply

Monvishi

Monvishi

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hi,

I get some audio going on in the background when no program is running or having IE and Chrome browsers closed. Using Windows Vista Home Premium and now my computer seems to be behaving a little strangely.

Could this be any virus issue? How can this be resolved?

Thank you.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Monvishi

Could this be any virus issue?

Possibly but if it is we cannot help here on the OS forums and we would need to redirect you to the malware forums.

How can this be resolved?

We need more information to begin with.

Do you have any wireless devices near the computer or speakers if not using the onboard speakers on a notebook etc.
Do you have external speakers and if so can you tell us the brand and model name or number of the speakers.

Can you also provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just to add to this a bit. Do you have multiple tabs open and is one of them possibly a tv station? I have run into this when the station site has a news briefing or streaming a live press conference. The only way to stop it is to go to a different part of the site till the briefing is over with.

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Thank you for getting back to me.

Here are the responses to your questions:
wireless devices: Yes. I have my iPad and iPhone kept next to it.
Speakers: No external speakers
System details: SONY VAIO integrated desktop. Comes with USB ports, connected to mouse/keyboard only. SD Card slot: currently empty.

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
When hearing to the random audio sound, I have nothing open on my desktop. No windows/ tabs, nothing.
The sound is also very sporadic, it runs for few minutes, goes off and comes back again. We can hear some random ads playing, a narrative audio program.. I checked in the task manager too for any programs running on background, the task manager window shows nothing open/running/active.

Today, I see this window:
"Host Process for Windows Service has stopped working"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: svchost.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47919291
Fault Module Name: netprofm.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791ad84
Exception Offset: 000007fefa2e3820
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Edited by Monvishi, 15 July 2013 - 10:09 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So if I understand you correctly when you hear the sounds your internet is not running at all?
No browser open at all?
We are either dealing with a browser issue or a bleed through your lines.
One way to tell is disconnect your system from the internet completely. If a wireless connection then boot into Safe Mode only. This disables wireless and then we can see if it is actually the system picking up something else where other then your wireless.

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
You got a perfect understanding on my system. I will now restart my system on safe mode as suggested by you and will get back with my findings..

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
On safe mode, system reads, " This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled"

I see my system on mute and not able to bring any sound in to check if there is random audion on the back. Further steps, please.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is on your pc right?
Try this HERE while in Safe Mode. You may have to reboot back into safe mode to get it working then.

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I am writing to you from my iPad. Should I go back on regular mode to access your link?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The problem is in normal mode your audio is working on the pc. We need to get it to work in safe mode to test the bleed through.

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I am sorry, not able to get to where can the 'Plug and Play' be restored. Need path to get there..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then we can't use that method. The other way is move the location of the pc to a different room.
Let me ask is the pc wireless or hard wired to the internet?

Monvishi

Monvishi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Wireless.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that might make it easier then. Can you hard wire it temporarily and access the internet? If there is no bleed through then we can surmise that it may be the wireless causing the issue on the PC. I think the reason it may not be doing it on the Ipad is you are moving around.