Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't Load windows from SSD

• Please log in to reply

hunkanomics

hunkanomics

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System Specs:
MB: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
SSD: Toshiba 128gb
Video: Radeon HD 7850
OS Windows 7 64 bit

I recently purchased an SSD. Upon installation, I successfully installed windows. Everything performed normally on the first windows boot. After installing several drivers for motherboard components, I installed the video card drivers. Upon restart of the machine, windows will attempt to load. It will get past the "Starting Windows" screen, and upon entering my desktop, I hear the typical windows chiming, but my screen goes blank as if the signal from the video card has been lost or it is not connected. It will boot like this continually until I disable the video card or revert the drivers to a standard VGA controller.

Any ideas?

video card was working on a different system with same drivers/same windows/ with a SATA HDD

Edited by hunkanomics, 13 July 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements