Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox not opening all tabs in saved session

• Please log in to reply

trafficisland

trafficisland

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm on Windows XP, using Firefox 22.0 with the Session Manager Add-On. I'm doing some project research at the moment and had a saved session of 98 tabs, which have been collected over a period of 6 months. All of a sudden (possibly around the time Firefox automatically updated, but I can't be sure) I clicked on the session to open my 98 tabs but only around 20 of them open and are visible in the tabs list.

Firefox says there are 98 tabs (i.e. [session name (98)]) but just isn't opening them all like it did previously. Please can anyone help, as it would be a nightmare trying to track down all the websites again!

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hello.

Please double check if the FireFox version you're running is compatible with the add-on.
Also please post me a link to that add-on.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi there, :)

On the Session Manager it states the following:

Session Manager saves and restores the state of all or some windows

Notice how it states "or some windows"?

I'm wondering if 98 tabs are more than it could handle? Do you recall being able to save that many before the update?

Honestly, I don't use the Add-on myself since I discovered I could do the same with the Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar which is not the same as Firefox Bookmarks.

If you're interested...
Click on View in your menu bar, select Toolbars and navigate to Bookmarks Toolbar and place a checkmark to the left of that feature. That will enable the Bookmarks Toolbar.

You can either drag and drop your favorite sites onto the Bookmarks Toolbar or you can right click in an empty area and create a folder for your research then drag and drop the links to sites on the folder for safe keeping. I have created folders inside folders to categorize my research links and each folder has an option at the bottom to Open All in Tabs.

If you'd like to try it and you can't seem to find all the links you had saved in tabs, look in your browsers History. All the sites will be there unless you cleared your browser history.