Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Usual log in screen gone..

• Please log in to reply

Broken__x

Broken__x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Im fine about updating i was jsut wondering. But its just my mate trying to be clever..xD Il download the update now =)

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
wondering how it went

Broken__x

Broken__x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hey, i updated but still dont have the login screen..

mangoesbananas

mangoesbananas

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi, I'm having the same problem that the previous member was having: I no longer get the welcome screen after resuming from standby; I instead get the "unlock computer" box. I also get the same message when I try to reregister my wininet.dll file as he did. The last thing you asked him was what version he had of that file, but he never answered. The version I have is 6.0.2900.2753

I reinstalled SP2 yesterday, but it didn't fix the problem. I ran SFC a couple weeks ago, and it seems to me that this problem started after I did that.

Any thoughts on what I might be able to do to get back my friendly welcome screen after resuming from standby? (By the way, I purposely have my options set to prompt for a password after resuming from standby, as it's a feature I want in place).

Many thanks.

P.S....even though my profile says I'm using Win XP PRO, the computer I'm having this problem on is WinXP Home - SP2.

Edited by mangoesbananas, 14 October 2005 - 01:04 PM.

mangoesbananas

mangoesbananas

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
A follow-up!!

I just went into services.msc and changed "Terminal Services" to manual, instead of disabled. And now my "Welcome Screen" is back when resuming from standby!

Actually, I did one other thing, but I don't know if it affected this...or if I even should've done it. At the run command, I typed in:

control userpasswords2

In there, I highlighted my username, then clicked properties, and in the new box clicked on the "group membership" tab. "other" was ticked, but it was set for "debugger users", so I changed it to "administrators".

Should I have done that?