Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My first build

• Please log in to reply

Generaldingus

Generaldingus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to make a good gaming rig that will be able to run battlefield 4, rome 2 total war, ect on max settings. I was thinking these components what do you guys think, should I make any changes? (i do not plan on overclocking)

components: 1.Corsair Gaming Series 700-Watt ATX/EPS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 696 Power Supply GS700

2.Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 Memory

3.Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive

4.MSI Computer Corp. DDR3 1600 Intel LGA 1155 Motherboards (Z77A-G45)

5.Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA

6.EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked 2GB GDDR5 256bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Generaldingus

Nice list of parts :thumbsup:

Missing from your list are a case, a DVD drive and an OS such as Windows 7, do you already have these.

As an asides, if your budget will allow it I would suggest swapping the 3TB HDD for a 120 - 128GB SSD for the OS/faster boot times and quicker access to your favourite games + 1 or 2 1TB HDDs for now, 3TB of data is an awful lot to lose if the HDD failed and to keep backed up all of the time, purchasing additional 1TB HDDs in the future as you need them is more practical and is a way of keeping your data backed up to another source.