Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall Win 7 upgrade

• Please log in to reply

jr70895

jr70895

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Dell laptop was bought new and running Vista 32 bit in 2008. It was upgraded to Windows 7 using the upgrade disc. I would like to remove Windows 7 and revert back to Vista.

This 1525 Dell laptop does have recovery partition but not sure how to use it. When I click on F8 Repair your Computer etc, the Dell Factory Image Restore is not there.

I really do not want to do a complete restore to factory settings due to the number of updates required to get it back. Just trying to remove the Windows 7 upgrade, if possible.

Thanks

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Post a snapshot of a fullscreen Disk Management:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen.

Vista and Windows 7: How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7/8).

Use the Browse and Attach This File buttons below the text input area while using the Full editor to upload and insert here.

If the Recovery partition is still there you can make it the Active partition then when you boot, it will get control and start the recovery process. I've done this successfully many times.