Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the requested lookup key...

• Please log in to reply

frisco80443

frisco80443

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I followed the geekstogo procedure to repair my win xp. It seemed to work well but now I can't access a web site. I get a message "the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context". How can I fix this? Thanks

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

I followed the geekstogo procedure to repair my win xp. It seemed to work well but now I can't access a web site. I get a message "the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context". How can I fix this? Thanks

Hi,

Did you repair using a CD with the same Service Pack level?

Which version of Internet Explorer do you have installed right now?

frisco80443

frisco80443

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
H, thanks for getting back. I checked and discovered that my Win7 install disk installed IE6. I downloaded the latest version and everything works fine now. Thanks again.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts

H, thanks for getting back. I checked and discovered that my Win7 install disk installed IE6. I downloaded the latest version and everything works fine now. Thanks again.

Windows 7! you mean Windows XP right? because there isn't IE 6 for Windows 7.

Glad you solved the problem. :thumbsup: