Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a lot of errors and crashes...virus?

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
There should be an entry for ICS in Autoruns but I don't see it. Open a Command Prompt by right clicking and Run As Admin then type:

sc  config  ics  start=  disabled

That should turn it off or do you get an error? I have to run into town for an hour or so. Hopefully you can get the disk check to run while I'm gone.

Advertisements

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi ! so, i tried to use the hitachi DFT , making it bootable, but simply do not work. so i thought to create in a usb with ubuntu 13.0 amd 64 with Yumi, making a multibootable unity from usb. in the same time i tries again a checkdisk, sure that was the ELraw driver to create the mess, but i had to restore again.
i really starting to feel little bit frustrated... What should i do? i really need the pc ok, because tomorrow i had to made a presentation, and there are no other pc around.

I also check that DFT is only avaible for x86 structure OS, and i'm running x64... so.... what should i do?

Any other idea to check my Hdd, because the utility disck ckeck is not working?

Please! and thanks all for the help! :)

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried running check disk from the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option?

(Reboot and when you see the maker's logo, hear a beep or it talks about F8, start tapping the F8 key slowly. Keep tapping until the Safe Mode Menu appears and choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Login with your usual login.)

chkdsk  /r  C:

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok, i will try it next boot! in the same time i'm doing a microsoft safety scanner and i'm running the full test in GSmartcontrol. i'm also doing another sfc/scannow. i'm gonna post everything in attachment! thanks again for the help!

what are the files that sfc couldn't repair? i really do not understand how cbs works! :)

Attached Files

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
it says ERROR 1060 EL SERVICIO ESPECIFICADO NO EXISTE COMO SERVICIO INSTALADO

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi! what about to try diskchk with a clear boot? i'm really worry that i will have to restore the system again, losing all the things i did n the last hours! :) What should i do? perhaps a repàir install? i'm not so sure it will fix all the issues....
Any other idea?
Thanks!

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
Part of it is because you are not running the command to move the SR lines to their own file.

Copy the next two lines:

findstr /c:"[SR]" \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log > \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Notepad should open junk.txt. This is the file you should be attaching. It's a lot easier to read than the cbslog.

Then if you look through the file you will see lines like this:

2013-07-17 20:07:55, Info CSI 0000008c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:58{29}]"win7_scenic-demoshort_raw.wtv" of Microsoft-Windows-ehome-samplemedia, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing

You will note these are mostly sample media. Just examples to play with. Not really a critical part of windows. I assume one of your speedup programs decided these weren't really worth keeping.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP

it says ERROR 1060 EL SERVICIO ESPECIFICADO NO EXISTE COMO SERVICIO INSTALADO

This is when you tried to sc config ics? Do you see the service: Conexión compartida a Internet (ICS) in the service menu? I don't understand why we keep getting an error that it won't start if it doesn't exist.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
I don't see why running check disk from the safe mode with Command Prompt should cause a problem. I'm thinking there is some conflict that happens when you try to do the usual check disk. When you are in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, it doesn't have to reboot. Just starts the check.

A repair install is always a good option. Just takes a while since you have to download some 100 updates after the repair.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks for the help! so, i had a much more clear look to the cbs with the command you gave me, and it's true, these are just songs, images or things wich looks like useless.

conexion compartida a internet (ICS) is still in auto mod, even if i tried di disable it as you told me, like also windows search, that turns again auto, even if i disable it . What should i do?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
Each time you do a restore things will go back to the way they were. What is the Service Name for: conexion compartida a internet (ICS). It's supposed to be ICS but it might be a fake and use something else. What is the: path to executable:

See if you can turn off windows search this way:

http://www.howtogeek...h-in-windows-7/

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
thanks so much, i just disable windows search, and now i'm gonna wait for GSmartcontrol and microsoft safety scanner to finish. i already made a backup of services with Erunt. hoping that between the two we can understand more what's happening! :)

Thanks again so much! when the system will finish i'm gonna try to make anyway a checkdisk in safe mode, hoping it will work! :)

take care, i'm gonna post the results of everything tomorrow morning, before than to go to work! :)

if you think i could leave the pc on doing more stuff just let me know what software should i let it run durnig the night time.
The pc still had couple of crashes during the afternoon, and it looks superslow especially when i boot it up, but also when i have to do somethig like powerpoint or office.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
repair install so is impossible to think about, i need the pc tready for roll tomorrow morning! :)

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
just looking now for the last time the event administrator, looking the aplicaccions there is this error
error "SideBySide" id. 80

Error al generar el contexto de activación para "C:\Users\7\Desktop\SoftonicDownloader_para_ultimate-boot-cd.exe". Error en el archivo de manifiesto o directiva "" en la línea . Una versión de componente requerida por la aplicación está en conflicto con la versión de otro componente activo. Los componentes en conflicto son:. Componente 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest. Componente 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.

and again an error VSS id. 8194
Error del Servicio de instantáneas de volumen: error inesperado al consultar la interfaz IVssWriterCallback. HR = 0x80070005, Acceso denegado.
. A menudo ocurre por una configuración de seguridad incorrecta en el proceso de escritura o de solicitud.

Operación:
Recopilando datos del escritor

Contexto:
Id. de clase del escritor: {e8132975-6f93-4464-a53e-1050253ae220}
Nombre del escritor: System Writer
Id. de instancia del escritor: {120586f0-567b-4fa4-8bb2-c3d00bfa454e}

in the system couple of errors Service Control Manager , id 7022
El servicio Conexión compartida a Internet (ICS) no respondió después de iniciar.

and couple of error DistributedCom 10010
El servidor {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} no se registró con DCOM dentro del tiempo de espera requerido.

and couple of errors VDS Basic Provider id 1
Error inesperado. Código de error: D@01010004

all of them between 5.30 pm to now
what should i do?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
C:\Users\7\Desktop\SoftonicDownloader_para_ultimate-boot-cd.exe is not happy and should be uninstalled.

We need to fix this nonexistent service: What is the Service Name for: conexion compartida a internet (ICS). It's supposed to be ICS but it might be a fake and use something else. What is the: path to executable: