Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a lot of errors and crashes...virus?

• Please log in to reply

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
it's actually ics for sure

Attached Thumbnails

• ics.jpg

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Service name is SharedAccess not ICS. So try
sc  config  SharedAccess  start=  Disabled

from an elevated Command Prompt (Remember to right click and Run As Admin to get an elevated Command Prompt) Do you get an error? If it says you don't have permission then go into regedit and navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SharedAccess

right click on Shared Access and select Permissions. Adminstrators should have Full Control of the key. If not you may need to click on Advanced and then Ownership and take ownership of the key. That should allow you to change permissions.

sc  delete  SharedAccess

should remove the service completely.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi!! ok, the pc seems better, faster and i didn't experience any crash!!! the only 2 i had were because i tried to do check disk...
i tried from safe mode with prompt, from prompt mode, in any possible way! and still not working, crashes and no way to reboot, all the times i have to restore!!!
how can i fix disk check?

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Hi!! ok, the pc seems better, faster and i didn't experience any crash!!! the only 2 i had were because i tried to do check disk...
i tried from safe mode with prompt, from prompt mode, in any possible way! and still not working, crashes and no way to reboot, all the times i have to restore!!!
how can i fix disk check?

Attached Thumbnails

• errors.jpg
  • system error.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
I'd uninstall Daemon tools. Appears it is not happy.

chkdsk is a program so we can look at it and see if it has the right check sum:

Copy the text in the code box:

/md5start
chkdsk.exe
/md5stop

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

Paste (Ctrl + v) the copied text in the box where it says Custom Scan/Fixes

then Run Scan.

You should get 1 log. Please copy and paste it.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi!! but when you tell me to disinstall a program like daemon tools you meen to reinstall it later on or not? how can you say that is having issues? i'm doing the scan with OTL now, gonna post it soon! :) Thanks! :)

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
I can see from the error message that it is not happy. Something about a conflict. Reinstall only if you can find a newer version that doesn't have the conflict.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
hi!! ok, so, that's the OTL log, on the top of it today windows firewall stops working, i tried to activate the service, that still look in auto mode, but there's nothing to do.

I'm really thinking about to reinstall windows.....way to much frustrations!

Error 7024 access denied to microsoft firewall, and still having ELRAw error, even if i uninstall it from administrator, and delete it from system32.

looks like everytime my pc fail to start is having more and more troubles... :(

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   96.58KB   83 downloads

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP

Error 7024 access denied to microsoft firewall,

Probably normal since you have ESET which has its own firewall. No point in having two.

OTL says chkdsk is OK. I have seen reports that some anti-virus programs will keep it from running.

You might try uninstalling ESET, then see if it still crashes when you try to run chkdsk. I just uninstalled ESET for a neighbor on and put on the free Avast. She was having problems with it - one of the things it was doing was blocking access to Microsoft Updates. She was some 70 updates behind.

Get Regseeker:

http://www.hoverdesk.net/
Then click on Downloads
The downloads are at the bottom. I would use the bottom one where it says RegSeeker Portable 2.5 (.zip No installation. Just unzip in any folder)

http://www.hoverdesk...egSeeker25p.zip

(We do not want the Babylon toolbar!)

Download and Save (right click and Open Folder) then right click and Extract All. Extract. This will create a folder Regseeker25p. Inside it will be another Regseeker25p folder and in that will be the regseeker.exe which you need to right click on and Run As Administrator. Select Find in Registry.

Type: ElRawDsk
in the Search For: box.)

Then click on Search! to the right of the box. Wait until it finishes which will take 10-15 minutes.

If it finds anything then select all then Delete. Repeat for RawDisk

I've got to help set up for OlgaDaze this afternoon so won't be back on line until this evening.

marcospritz2000

marcospritz2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi! so i figure out that without ics or conecion compartida windows firewall won't work, so i thought to reinstall it, or to look for a free firewall, like online armor. Eset, sad to say, but doesn't have in my case a firewall, but just antivirus, because it isn't the internet security one.

Thanks for the help, i'm running now Flobo Hard disck repair, and i'm seeing that many many clusters are damaged. i thikn that will be the issue with checkdisk, still not working at the moment.

If you do have any other idea lert me know! thanks!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
If it's not the full ESET then I would uninstall it and install the free Avast. It works well with the free Online Armor.