Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Check - is it a virus?

• Please log in to reply

titmouse

titmouse

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey. I want to remove System Check, but I can't.
What should I do? I really don't think it is a legit program, so I want to remove it as quick as possible. What is it actually?
(I use Windows 7, Chrome and Firefox.)
Thank you.

Advertisements

Phel

Phel

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,386 posts
Hello, titmouse and welcome to GeeksToGo!

You can call me Phel and today I will help you with your trouble.

Please, read these instructions carefully, because they contain some very useful information.

Please, let me know, if you don't understand something. It is really important to understand any instruction. Also, please read all instructions carefully before performing them. Feel free to ask questions, if you aren't sure.

Please, be patient. You should stay here until your computer will become really clean. Malware Removal isn't very fast procedure, it usually has multiple steps, but result should be glad.;)

Please note, that my answers could come with a slight delay, because they are checked by my teacher.

I really don't think it is a legit program

Can you please describe your problem more detailed? How this program behaves?

To start with I need to get some logs. Please, follow these steps:

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

titmouse

titmouse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.
Well it popped up as I was using the computer and I have not downloaded it and I am the only one who uses the computer, so I thought it was a virus.
I found a couple of articles that said it was indeed an infection http://www.americanp...-removal-guide/ http://www.bleepingc...ve-system-check
And in both it was recommended to remove it with an antimalware or antivirus programs But now I am confused which antivirus program to download. Which one would be the best choice? :)

Phel

Phel

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,386 posts

Which one would be the best choice?

Seems that this one: ;)

Download OTL to your Desktop

Please, re-read my previous message and follow the steps, written there.