Hard drive space eating virus [Solved]
Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:11 PM
Thank you for everything btw
Lets have a quick look at the hard drive layout and see what sort of files are taking the space
Download and install WinDirStat
- Run the program
- Select your main drive
- When the pacmen have finished there will be a graphic display of your drive
- Please attach that as a screenshot
- Also if you can see the weird folder then let me know what it is
Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:19 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:27 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:28 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:08 PM
Please download TreeSize (by JAM Software) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
- Double-click on TreeSizeProfessional-Demo.exe to run TreeSize.
- Click Run at the security warning, if it appears.
- Select your language and press OK.
- Click Next, Accept the agreement and click Next a further three times.
- Untick all of the boxes then click Next.
- Wait for TreeSize to install then tick Launch TreeSize Professional as Administrator and click Finish
- TreeSize should now open. If it doesn't, it can be found in your Start Menu under JAM Software.
- TreeSize will now scan your hard drive. On large hard drives, this could take a while to complete so please be patient.
- The scan finishes when there are no more hour glass icons over the folders listed in TreeSize.
- Click File > Export > Save as HTML.., then save it to your Desktop named Log.html
- Close TreeSize and minimize all windows until you see your Desktop.
- Right click on the file that we just created, Log.html (the .html suffix might not be displayed), and click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A second file, Log.zip should be created.
- Attach this file to your next post please.
Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:38 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:59 PM
Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:29 PM
Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:54 AM
Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:26 AM
Step 1 - MalwareBytes Scan
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Step 2 - ESET Online Scan
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here
- Please go here then click on:
Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
- All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
- When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan
Step 3 - Security Check
Download Security Check from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Things Needed for Your Next Post ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. MalwareBytes Log
2. ESET Online Scan Log
3. Security Check Log (checkup.txt)
Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:47 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users