Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for a VPN FREE software that works with games

• Please log in to reply

marypoppins

marypoppins

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey All.

Hope someone here has the technical know how to guide me in the right direction.

Tried quite a few different applications that people say change all outgoing IP info, i.e. you can say you are in usa when your actually in uk.
After trying this with a free shard game I play. I have had no luck.

Has anyone any information on the subject please?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
vpn takes a lot of processing muscle and such are typically business class. Thus it costs, no such thing as free vpn. What your looking for is a dns proxy service. I have no recommendations at this time.

Better explanation of this can be watched on tekzilla
http://revision3.com...rev3PlayerStart

Episode 445, at 9:16 where they discuss it.

Hoxson

Hoxson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Not sure if they work with the games you're playing, as you didn't state them but I know of a few free ones.

VPNBook
Cyberghost
Proxpn
Hotspot Shield

Theres also vpnreactor but its free version is limited to 30minutes before you get d/ced and have to reconnect.

If you want a good one you're gonna have to pay for it though. Really depends on the games you play though.

Edited by Hoxson, 23 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hiya you shouldn't use it to circumvent a ban from a game or as an excuse to abuse people or cheat in any games. But if it's just to hide your IP from prying eyes that may be up to no good then a good trick once you've found your VPN of choice is to force all traffic through the VPN. So that nothing can connect without the VPN being active. Just out of curiosity why do you want to use a VPN to play a game?

:happy: