Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Notebook Ram Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

MildMind

MildMind

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, i dont know if this has been posted before. I did give the forums a quick scan and found some related topics, but not what i have to ask.

Right now i have a HP Pavillion Notebook, it has 512 DDR ram. I wat to upgrade because it is just not sufficient with my needs. Anyways, when this notion first ran across my mind, my first instinct was open it up take a look at what ram i have now. To my dismay i found i only had one slot for ram, which is currently being used obviously.

Now i was just wondering if it is possible to add in another ram slot so i can just add in another 512MB stick, or am i going to have resort to buying a 1024MB stick of ram.

My second question is if this ram slot is possible to be added, can it be a dual chanelle slot?

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
nope, your stuck with the one slot, unfortunately.

MildMind

MildMind

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
O well that sucks, guess i have to buy a 1GB stick. Thanks though.