Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can i run that game?

• Please log in to reply

kilejh123

kilejh123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
on system requirements lab it says i should have a great experience running simcity, when i play im fine when i start off, when the city is quite big, it is extremely laggy, why is this?

i have a amd athlon ii x4 651 quad core, amd radeon hd 6670 asus 1gb and 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
It could be that its taxing your cpu and/or video card. Your system exceeds the minimum requirements. However, these types of games can tax both.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better
RAM: 2 GB
Video Memory: 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support
Only supplied on DVD?: Yes
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7

I'm assuming this is for sim city 5. They had a large number of issues with performance. So after looking around here are some suggestion:
try putting your lighting down to minimum in your game settings - See more at: http://simcity.pubar...h.wYZUepVi.dpuf