Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD Drive Acting Up

• Please log in to reply

sonicshadow

sonicshadow

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Okay here's how the story goes. I got 3 disks from the friend. All of which are the same brand of burned discs, containing around the same number of information, all burned within the same hour. Anyway, the first 2 disks worked perfect. Nothing wrong ever happend to them (except for one not letting me eject). Then when i put in the 3rd Disk, Realplayer wouldn't let me see it. The 3 disks also contained the same format of information: AVI. Since realplayer couldn't see it, i went to My Computer>>CD/DVD Rom Drive (D:). Then it said: "Please Insert Disk into drive D:."

I checked again. the disk was in the thing. I opened it and closed it and it still wouldn't work. I even cleaned the damned disk and it still goes by undetected by my computer. I tried a CD disk, but that worked. I tried the 3rd Disk again. Nothing happened. :tazz:

Help? Please? ;)

Advertisements

back2killah

back2killah

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Sounds like a bad burn for the third disk... ie. disk is defective
Are you able to try the 3 CDs in another computer to see if it can at least be read?

Anybody else have thoughts?

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
It sounds like the third disk is bad. I would try and put it in another comp and try it...

sonicshadow

sonicshadow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
all 3 disks work. my friend tried them on his computer before lending em to me.