Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Firefox for Win RT?

• Please log in to reply

sedrick

sedrick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just received a Dell XPS 10 tablet for my birthday. The tablet runs Windows RT. I am a fan of the Firefox browser and note sadly Firefox is not available on Win RT. I'm crying foul! What's the deal here? Didn't Microsoft learn their lesson from the EU fines for restricting browser and media player installation on European versions of Windows? Am I missing something? Please feel free to weigh in on this with my thanks!

Advertisements

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
At this point the reviewers like PCMag have noted this limitation.

This is the simple answer from Mozilla.

Here are three articles concerning the EU stance:

PCWorld
zdnet

webmaster2

webmaster2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
Well in some devices their are some minus points are available and for that you need to be used to for some things which you can not fix.
So better you use what you got and be happy in it.

oldtoot

oldtoot

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
why should anyone be happy with Microsoft? They thumb their noses at all things thrown at them in terms of anti trust violations, given they have paid hefty fines for doing so. But fines are just a cost of doing business for Microsoft. Be happy? Sorry but I am not buying an ounce of that!