Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

script for checking computer [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rforexdad

rforexdad

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I remember a few years back there was a website where you could download a script and
after running the script you could post the output in their forums and people would help you identify
which processes / were starting up which were adware/malware/spyware etc etc

do you guys remember this ?

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there! My name is Josh and I'd be glad to assist if you need this kind of assistance.

In fact, we specialize in that sort of thing. The results of our scans can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.

Please note the following:
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that the system is completely clean.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference. I may ask you to boot into Safe Mode where you will be unable to follow my instructions online.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please refrain from doing any fixing of your own while I am assisting you with this problem. I need to keep track of what is going on as the order in which we do things can often be important.
  • If this is a company owned system or a work computer let me know.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

To start off, please follow the instructions on THIS PAGE and post the results in a reply to this thread.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.