Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iPhone not recognized by 2 of 3 USB ports.

• Please log in to reply

rslheath

rslheath

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

Acer Aspire 5742 (2010)
Windows 7
iPhone 3gs
All drivers up to date.

For 18 months my iPhone would charge and access iTunes through any of my 3 USB ports.

Then--in the same week (coincidentally after an iOS update in January) two of my 3 USB ports would no longer recognize the iPhone. Symptoms vary, but initially I got a warning message on the iPhone saying "Charging is not supported with this device"; The computer would flash a message saying "USB device not recognized" or the phone would start charging, the computer would beep and stop the charging--cycle would repeat. Sometimes iTunes will recognize the device and I can download to the phone, sometimes not.

No other USB device (printer and flashdrive)can now use these two ports. However all devices work perfectly on my third USB port.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB drivers, iTunes, checked and updated all other drivers--all to no avail. I fear the day my third USB goes out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Russell

Advertisements