Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hardly connect to any server,but can surf the internet easily

• Please log in to reply

waipun

waipun

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello

I could search/connect to any gaming server easily,just click it and I can join,but suddenly,I can surf the internet but I can't connect to any server,just like the server browser can't detect any server on the ip address,while my friends are in the server,when I click the refresh button,it was going to update the ping almost everytime I click it,but now I have to click it a lot of times to make it update onces,when I try to connect to the server directly,it saids fail to connect,while the server is up,this happenes to every server,but my friends can connect to it just fine.When I try to search servers in server browser,only few shows up,like 10-20,when I could search over 50 of them before.

Well I should say,this isn't happening everytime,only most of the time,sometimes everything is working fine.

not only one game,every game has this problem,or I should say,every online application,I can't connect to EA,Uplay,steam(sometimes I can't connect to steam,sometimes I can),even some voice chatting application

the weird thing is,when I unplug the power cable and plug it back into the router,things are working fine in first few minutes,I can connect to servers.I can search a lot of servers
but after few minutes,I can't search any server,but the connection to the server is still fine,but after about 30 minutes,it will lose the connection to the server.

when I try to test the ping at pingtest.net,I often fail to test it,it say something like fail to connect to test server

I am using windows 8,the router I use,which is the one my ISP gave me,it is a modem,also a router,the setting it provided is very limited.

I tried a lot of solution from the internet,like:
virus scanning
disabling firewall/anti virus
port forwarding
using dmz
resetting router

any help with be appreciated,sorry for bad english
waipun

Advertisements

waipun

waipun

• Topic Starter