Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC freezes when playing games? Alt+Tab, CTrl+Alt+Del and even Alt+F

• Please log in to reply

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Well, I used Chkdsk and had Windows scan the disk for errors and fix bad sectors as well. They turned out fine. Then, I used the Western Digital diagnostic program and that turned out clean as well. The sfc scan, however, indicated the PINTLGB.IMD was a corrupt file. I've got a post about it on the first page. It may be a superficial and not-very-important issue. If it doesn't have any significant impact, I'd just leave it as it is. Otherwise, it seems that I'd have to use a Windows 7 installation disk or something to clean out the OS or something like that just to fix that file. A lot of work if you ask me. What's your advice?

PS: Wow, you reply fast. Now I feel embarassed that I left you hanging for almost a fortnight.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It seems the file PINTLGB.IMD has something to do with Microsoft Office 2010. Do you have or did you ever have Office 2010 installed?

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Just wanna say that I do have Microsoft Office Starter 2010. The new RAM is working fine an I no longer encounter this problem. Now, though, I have a new thread about another problem I have. /facepalm if you wanna help, I'd appreciate it but nonetheless, I'd like to thank you deeply for helping with this freezing problem. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thanks for updating us that this issue has been resolved. I will take a look at the new topic and see if I can help also. With that being said I am happy to say:

Congratulations ThatRandomGuy. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yup. And to many more years of RAM-stability ahead! :P I really can't thank you enough for your expert advice and your help in resolving this issue. You've been wonderful and GeeksToGo is now my go-to website for crazy-level problems. :) You're wonderful, truly. :D