Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my otl records

• Please log in to reply

rforexdad

rforexdad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
here is the copy of the eset_out.txt
=======================================
C:\Users\rforex1_7\Downloads\Programs\Picasa_Setup.exe
a variant of Win32/Adware.iBryte.G application

Here is a copy of the security check
======================================
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.71
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 10
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
Norton Internet Security
WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300
Adobe Reader XI
Google Chrome 28.0.1500.72
Google Chrome 28.0.1500.95
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Norton ccSvcHst.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hi!

I would go ahead and delete this file: C:\Users\rforex1_7\Downloads\Programs\Picasa_Setup.exe

How are things running? It looks like the online scanner didn't find anything which is good.

-ST.

rforexdad

rforexdad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
The file C:\Users\rforex1_7\Downloads\Programs\Picasa_Setup.exe has been deleted and the recycle bin has been cleared also.

Things are running fine now.

Thanks a lot ST

It is users like you who are dedicated in the war against MALWARE

Thanks again.

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello,

Your logs appear to be clean, so if you have no further issues with your computer, then please proceed with the following housekeeping procedures outlined below.

Time for some housekeeping

OTL Fix

We need to run an OTL Fix
  • Please reopen Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Copy and Paste the following code into the Posted Image textbox.
    :Commands
    [ClearAllRestorePoints]

• Push Posted Image
  • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • Click the OK button.
  • A report will open. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.

NEXT:

OTL Clean-Up

We Need to Clean Up our Mess
Our work on your machine has left considerable leftovers on your box. Let's clean those up real quick:
  • Reopen Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click on Posted Image
  • You will be prompted to reboot your system. Please do so.
If you still have any tools or logs leftover on your computer you can go ahead and delete those off of your computer now.

NEXT:

All Clean Speech

===> Make sure you've re-enabled any Security Programs that we may have disabled during the malware removal process. <===

Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.

Updated Anti-Virus Program
It's essential that you have an updated anti-virus program running on your computer. You don't want to run more than one as it can cause program conflicts, as well as false positives

You can view an excellent list of Free Security Software programs that has been compiled by GeekstoGo.

Avoid P2P Programs

Remember that no matter how clean the program you're using for peer-to-peer filesharing may be, it offers no guarantees regarding the cleanliness of files you may choose to download. All files available via p2p filesharing carry a high risk, particularly those that offer you illegitimate methods of using legitimate software programs without paying for them. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.

If you have any of these programs installed then I highly suggest you uninstall them.

NOTE: Take care when answering any questions posed by an uninstaller. Some questions may be worded to deceive you into keeping the program.

Internet Browsers

Many of the users that I assist here on the forums, ask me which programs they can use to prevent themselves from getting infected again in the future. The best answer I can give you is too practice safe browsing.

Please consider using an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Opera. They are both much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also have great built-in pop-up blockers.

I also suggest you make your Internet Explore more secure.

Make Internet Explorer more secure

• Click Start > Run
  • Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
  • Click on the Security tab
  • Click Reset all zones to default level
  • Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
  • In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
  • Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Extra Goodies

• It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection. Refer to this Microsoft article
    Strong passwords: How to create and use them
    then consider a password keeper, to keep all your passwords safe.
  • Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
  • You should run an updated scan with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware weekly. Instructions are included below:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Select the Update tab
    • Click Check for Updates

• Be weary of e-mails from unknown senders. Keep the following in mind as well: If it's to good to be true, then it more than likely is.

• FileHippo Update Checker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated. Its important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.
  • WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
    • Green to go
    • Yellow for caution
    • Red to stop
    WOT has an addon available for Chrome and Opera.
  • Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.
  • In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'd like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at these well written articles:
    Think Prevention.
    How Malware Spreads - How did I get infected
    PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.
**Be very wary with any security software that is advertised in popups or in other ways. They are not only usually of no use, but often have malware in them.

Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.

Please respond one last time so we can consider the thread resolved and close it, thank-you.

Cheers,
SweetTech.

rforexdad

rforexdad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I shall follow these steps .
Please keep this thread open and I shall respond again with questions or a comment to go ahead and close this
maybe it will take 2 days...
Thanks again ST

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Okay.

rforexdad

rforexdad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip