Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 - No Audio Output Device is installed

• Please log in to reply

JCWF

JCWF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok a few days ago i uninstalled Sountap, because it was the cause of my PC randomely crashing. before that my ASIO4ALL driver was working pefectly and my sound was working perfectly.

After uninstalling Soundtap, ASIO4ALL stopped working even after reinstalling it many times. All other sound worked, apart from when i chose ASIO4ALL.

I did some research and someone recommended that i change something in the registery to "UpperFilter" because apparently that was the cause of ASIO4ALL not working.

Well i did that and now i have no sound. Here is what my PC shows.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but still it's still not working, i also tried installing Realtek Audio drivers and they didn't work.

I'm not sure what to try anymore.

Would appreciate any help thanks

Advertisements

JCWF

JCWF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed the problem by doing a Windows Repair install.

thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for updating us with the resolution. I apologize that your topic was not responded to quickly but it looks like you got it resolved within 5.5 hours of your original post. Good job and I am happy you got it resolved so quickly. :thumbsup: