Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows 8 over Ubuntu

• Please log in to reply

MrPerson

MrPerson

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I Recently bought a new computer from Ebay that has Ubuntu Installed on it which I did not want. I have the disk version of windows 8 professional 32/64 bit. when I tell windows to install to the computer, all the available hard drives say that windows cannot be installed to. I think one said it was not the right partition or the hard drive was in wrong format. I have installed OS's before and all I had to do was put in the disk and tell it to install and it did it fine, I dont know what to do now. I even took an old hard drive that used to have windows XP on it but was wiped and put it in the new computer but the windows 8 install disk still says it cant install there. I could really use my help since the computer is basically useless to me without windows, and I have no interest in keeping ubuntu, I only want windows 8 64 bit installed, thanks

Advertisements