Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help: Blue Screen of death!

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Thanks for the update Mr_Nut :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Oh No!
After a good 5-6 days, it has re-appeared :(
As always, I've attached the report to the bottom.

Thanks in advance!
-Nut

Attached Files

Edited by Mr_Nut, 05 August 2013 - 06:06 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Can I ask when this latest crash happened as your dmp file is showing 28/07/2013 6:34:23 PM

If the crash happened yesterday please check that your time and date on the taskbar are showing the correct information.

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry about the delay, it seems I deleted them all for some unknown reason.
But I just had another one, attached the BSOD as usual.

Thanks

-Nut

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   1.84KB   129 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Apart from the 3 network devices that you had installed you also have the following audio devices installed, please ensure that the two devices that you do not use are both disabled and the drivers for them uninstalled.

Media Advanced Micro Devices AMD High Definition Audio Device
Media Realtek Realtek High Definition Audio
Media (Generic USB Audio) Magic Sound

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, Apologies for the insanely late reply, I was on Holiday.

I disabled the first two, but after disabling the third I had no sound... So I re-enabled that one.
Sadly, I have yet another BSOD.
I have attempted to uninstall Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter but it keeps re-installing it's self... So I'll keep it disabled.
The same story is with Local Area Connection.

I have just gone and updated all out of date drivers... So I'm unsure of what to do next...

Thanks

-Nut

Attached File  newbsod.txt   1.84KB   116 downloads

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Try reverting the drivers for the NIC back to a version before you first started having problems http://www.drivermax...Network-Adapter

I also noted in the PCPitstop results that you download torrents, are you aware of the risk of malware infection when downloading torrents, with this is mind if rolling back the driver does not resolve the issue then you may need to have the problem checked out by the good folk over on the Malware Forums

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I will admit, that I do download the very very occasional one... So it's very rare that I actually do. And when I do, I ALWAYS read the comments, and scan the files thoroughly.
I will try the fix now :)

Thanks
-Nut

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:thumbsup:

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

I had been suggested to re-format my pc by a friend, and I did. All was well for the first day or two, then the BSOD's started coming back. And now every time I try to run anything with admin privileges it will lock up on me and then resume like nothing happened.
Any ideas there?
I have attached the BSOD report as usual.

Thanks
-Nut

Attached Files

• Attached File  BSOD.txt   1.85KB   107 downloads

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
The crash was caused by the drivers for your Atheros network device, please ensure that you only have the Atheros device enabled and that there are no other wireless device drivers installed, if no joy try either updating or rolling back the Atheros device drivers.

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay, thanks Phil, I have yet again disabled all other network devices.
Any idea's about the locking up when running programs as administrator?

-Nut

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello Mr_Nut

Can I ask what type of disk was used for reinstalling Windows 7 as in is it a full retail disk, a downloaded ISO, a system restore disk that you made yourself or a burned copy obtained from somewhere, this to see if you may have a corrupt/damaged OS installed, I would at some point also recommend that the HDD is tested, please see below;

To run the HDDs diagnostics tool;

Make sure you select the tool that is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Depending on the program it'll create a bootable floppy or a bootable DVD/CD.
If the downloaded file is the .iso type use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn the .iso file to a DVD/CD disk depending on your OS (select "Write image file to disc" option) and make the disk bootable.

RE ImgBurn: please use the custom install and uncheck the attached foistware such as "Install Entrusted Toolbar etc"

Mr_Nut

Mr_Nut

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi!

I thought that I would come back as I am again, seeking advice...

Since the last post, I built a new PC...
I got this BSOD, I'm rather miffed that in one day that I have a BSOD already :(

Thanks,

Mr_Nut

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello Mr_Nut

Please start a new topic and provide the following information about your computer, the model name or number for the MB, CPU, Ram, add on video card if one is used, any other add on cards and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.