Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cursor/Desktop sensitivity switching windows?

• Please log in to reply

SallyMae

SallyMae

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Seems with each new version of windows there's plenty of things to hate. I managed to find the program for getting the start button back which was fantastic. Now, it seems there is some weird sensitivity between my cursor and the desktop that has all kinds of windows flashing to my screen. It becomes the app window, a bing window, a registration window. I experimented with whether it was just certain zones or had anything to do with how much pressure I put on the cursor pad. I can't seem to figure it out. Sometimes I haven't moved my cursor even a centimeter and my desktop disappears and one of these windows pop up instead and I'm having to hit the upper right hand corner to get to the app window so I can click for the desktop again. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution to it. I sure would like to be able to move my cursor around the desktop without heaven-knows-what appearing layered on top of it. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What program did you install to get the Start button back? Did this problem occur before then?

SallyMae

SallyMae

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Classic Shell from IvoSoft got my start button back. Yes, the problem existed before that. It seems Windows has some zones on the desk top that cause huge side bars to pop out from the right and some zone up near the top right that causes my desktop to disappear and become ap windows. I don't know. It's all weird and quite annoying. I play competitive scrabble cubes online and right in the middle of a paid tournament, my cursor hits some sweet spot on the screen and my desktop disappears, huge side bars pop out, something entirely new appears on the desktop and I lose time clicking through icons on these things to get back to my game on the desktop. Love and hate microsoft all at the same time. Every "upgrade" makes me wanna scream about something.