Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"No boot device found" error!

• Please log in to reply

SafetyNugget

SafetyNugget

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I own a Dell Latitude E5410 and every time I try to boot it, a error message pops up saying "No boot device found, press any key to reboot!". Does anyone know how to fix this or is it completely dead? I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong area but this has nothing to do with malware. (I think.)

Advertisements

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Did you do anything earlier which might have caused this problem? Try booting into safe mode and see if the problem persists. Click here for a tutorial on booting into safe mode. If you can boot normally in safe mode, it might be a 3rd party program that is causing the problem.

If you have your Windows 7 disc with you, try the startup repair by booting into the CD and see if it helps. And lastly, try going into the BIOS settings and making sure the harddrive is detected. Make sure in the boot tab, the boot order is set correctly with the Hard drive set as the first booting option before any other devices.