Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 1002 and Error 1005

• Please log in to reply

NoobWithComputer

NoobWithComputer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I decided to restore my laptop back to it's original factory state due to too many viruses. My laptop screen light is dead, so I use an external monitor to see. Though it seems my external monitor only works when it is started up as normal. So I'm trying to recover my laptop in the dark.

I have been going into safe mode messing around with CCleaner. I did drive wiper and since it was dark I accidentally selected to wipe free space only. I only realized after I finished so I went back and wiped the entire drive. The reason I did this was because I used a recovery disc while booting and during the process of restoring my laptop to it's original factory state it stopped at 39% for a while and Error 1005 popped up. When I booted with recovery disc I had 4 options, I think one was windows system restore, back up file, system recovery, and factory reset. I figured that if I wiped the entire drive it'll fix the error but it didn't. After wiping the entire drive I'm unable to start in safe mode and when I boot with recovery disc, I now only have 2 options system recovery or check hardrive I think. When I do system recovery I still get error 1005 at 39% so I tried using F11 without recovery disc and at less than 10% I get error 1002. With or without disc I get error even after I wipe the drive with CCleaner.

My laptop is HP G60-445DX Notebook PC and is Windows Vista. I have 3 recovery disc that came with the purchase 4 years ago, it's out of warranty 3 years ago. I'll be working in the dark so please bare with me. Much help is appreciated, thank you.

Advertisements