Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

May have many viruses ! noob needs help! [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Luke-Marsey89

Luke-Marsey89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
hi again essex after abit of use on the net it is still laggy and unresponvive at times

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Is this in IE or Firefox ? Also is it particular web sites or random

Luke-Marsey89

Luke-Marsey89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
im using IE at the min i was using chrome before all this started but removed it due to the popups that stated which i mentioned in the earlyer posts, chrome got really bad with all that so ive since removed chrome and used IE becaused IE was abit better to use with these problems.. to be honest i have only maily used geekstogo and hotmail for my emails while we have been going through this prosses.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK lets try a little TLC

First we will empty all the temporary files

Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

THEN

Defragment windows, details on this page

Once done let me know if there is an improvement

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.