Congratulations your computer appears to be malware free!
Now I have some tasks for your good self to carry out as part of a clean up process and some advice about online safety. Removal of OTL
Step OneRemoval of AdwCleaner
- Double-click OTL to start the program.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
- Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
Enabling Windows Updates
- Click on Uninstall and once prompted select the option "Yes". This will remove AdwCleaner and its relevant files.
1. Please proceed with clicking "Start
" then choosing the "Control Pane
l" on the left hand window.
2. Click the first menu selection named "System and Security
3. Click the next option entitled "Windows Update
4. Now click "Change Settings
" which is situated on the left hand side.
5. Please make sure that the "Important Updates
" box is selected to "Install Updates Automatically
". Whilst these updates have been selected to install "Every Day
6. Please also enable
the "Recommended Updates
" check box if it hasn't already been enabled.
7. Click "Ok
" once these steps have been followed.Step TwoClearing System Restore Points
1. Please Navigate to the Start Menu
2. Once that's loaded right click on my computer and select the option named "Properties
3. On the menu which is located on the left hand side please select "System Protection
4. Under the system properties dialogue which is now loaded navigate to the tab named "System Protection
" and proceed with clicking "Configure
5. Click the option entitled "Delete
" and proceed with clicking "Continue
". Your system restore points have now been cleared.Other recommendations
Please note that prevention is better than any cure. I'll post some recommendations below to further enhance your security.
- Please read this guide on how you were Infected in the first place. It's an excellent tutorial with multiple security recommendations.