Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IPv4 and IPv6:No internet access?

• Please log in to reply

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I can connect to my wireless but it won't let me actually connect to anything of I go to the status of the connection those are the only 2 Things that stand out
Sorry for the whole taking a picture of the screen thing..
Thanks for any help
http://imgur.com/fY9WPAp

Edited by Dawsonluke9, 30 July 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Type with an Enter after each line:

tracert  -d  8.8.8.8

The first line in the response is to your router. If that works then the link from your router to the ISP is down. If it doesn't work (all *'s) then you don't really have connectivity.

Which is it?

What router (make and model number) is there also a modem (Make and model #) If you type:

ipconfig  /all

What does it say for: IP address, Default gateway, DNS server?

Ron

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
http://imgur.com/7UGhSyc.jpg
Ipv4 adress:192.168.1.146(preferred)
Default gateway: fe80::214:f1ff:fee9:2fdf%11
Dns server: 192.168.1.1

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Link to the ISP is down.

Open a browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome etc) and type in 192.168.1.1

This should take you to the config page of your router. Since you didn't tell me what make and model it is you will have to figure out how to logon. http://www.routerpasswords.com/

There should be a status page. Something like this:

[attachment=65791:router.jpg]

It probably will say that the link is down. You could try just turning the power off on the router, wait 10 seconds then turn it back on. Reconnect with the wireless and try it again. Check that the input line to the router is connected and that power is on. Does the router have any lights?

Dawsonluke9

Dawsonluke9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I just was renaming the wireless, and after I renamed it I can connect fine now, maybe it's a fluke and had nothing to do worth the renaming but it's fixed now thanks for trying to help to :D