Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

infected computer, virus, spyware or malware? [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

banderso

banderso

• Pip
  • 1 posts
got something on my Windows 7. when on the internet I will get a flashing notice "computer about to crash, click here." I do not click on it. Sometimes I get a notice from a "microsoft associated" something saying I need an update on security - I do not click on it. I also get a small, half inch square item showing up on the screen - a head with a hat on and a number "3" in a small box.
I expect I picked up a virus, malware or ? - maybe from clicking on an email from an address of someone I know but with an uinternet address bu no text.
I have run the microsoft security scan twice - full scan - and it has not made a difference.
What can I do?
I have also ran PC Optimizer Pro and CCCleaner twice each and this does not rid the problem.
I expect some spyware is in the computer.
Will greatly appreciate your help.

Advertisements

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.

Please respect my volunteered time and stay with me until I declare your computer clean. If you are going to be delayed for a while, please let me know.

Let's get a scan and have a look.

Download OTL to your Desktop
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Please check the box next to Scan All Users.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

Download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan

Posted Image

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

Posted Image

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.