Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot attach files to email

• Please log in to reply

lauraa7

lauraa7

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Recently I had noticed that I was having trouble uploading files to my skydrive but didn't think anything of it. Today, I was trying to attach a file to my outlook email and received this message: "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the owner or administrator". I am the administrator of the laptop. It was a pdf that I was trying to upload but I also tried to upload a word document and got the same message. What can I do to access my files? I already tried changing the security. There is no security on any of these files. The security properties show that the administrator, which I am signed in as, has access to do everything with these files. Thank you for all your help with this!

08/01/2013
Okay I been playing around with this. It appears I can attach photos and files from any other folder other than the Documents library. I deleted the library and made a new one and now I could attach the files that were already there but could not save into this file, "Did not have permission", even though I am the administrator. I restored the library defaults and now once again, I can't attach files to email. I can open them and work with them but not email. Any ideas? Thank you once again so much for all your help!

Edited by lauraa7, 01 August 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements