Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Workstation to a gaming rig!

• Please log in to reply

rvl565

rvl565

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a Dell Precision T5600 workstation and wanted to upgrade it with a new graphic card.
I dont know if the 635W power supply will be able to support a GTX770/760. It currently has a quadro600 :'( .
Other specs include 2 six core xenon processors, 32GB DDR3, 2TB HDD.
The following link should have other technical details if required ( page 57 ).

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_dell_precision_workstation/precision-t5600_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

Also i am new to the concept of a PSU card (bottom of page 25), I can see that currently the workstation only has a 6pin connector but i am aware that GTX 770 requires two 8 pin connector, m not sure if i can connect a 8 pin connector to the PSU card.

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday rvl565, Posted Image
Having a problem getting a result with the link provided, might just be my system, could you please provide an alternative.
Thanks.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
The .pdf from Dell is definitely down the toilet.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Having a problem getting a result with the link provided, might just be my system, could you please provide an alternative.

Dell_Precision_T5600_Owner's_Manual_en-us-1.pdf (11.60MB)

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks SpywareDr for the lik, very useful for working on the computer.

rvl565

I have been unable to find out much information about the PSU card output as Dell are very sparing with the specs.
The T5600, supports a Nvidia Quadro 5000 graphics card and Nvidia Tesla C2075 processor. > specs for the Tesla card, https://docs.google....1_FNL_forCD.pdf

You may be able to change the PSU card. I think Dell Support is going to be more useful than I can be.

Good luck.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You're welcome iammykyl.

BTW rvl565, I don't know if you know this or not but the Xeon CPU is really targeted at the non-consumer server, workstation and embedded system markets.